If you’re wondering what to expect from the Gotland Game Conference 2019, here’s a quick look at last years’ event.
In 2018 more than 800 people turned up to play games, listen to talks and network with game developers. The show floor had more than 35 games available for play – all made by game design students right here on Gotland, and recognized world-wide!
Like any conference ours is anchored around the talks. We aim to push the boundaries of our field – going out of our way to invite speakers that have seen further and thought deeper than any of us. That said, we are not a technological conference – we care about the culture and human expression – so even the most far-reaching presentations remain accessible to a wide audience of non-experts.
You can watch all talks from 2018 (or read the twitter-writeups) here.
At the end of the two days we host a massive awards ceremony and party, celebrating the greatest works and the end of our academic year.
The Award Winners 2018:
- Best Presentation: Take My Shift
- Best Arcade Experience: Coal Rush
- Student Choice: Momentum Drift
- Alumni of the Year: Max Tiilikainen
- The Social Game Award: Twined
- Public Choice: Bench Warmers, Neon Nemesis (tie)
- The Almedalen Library Award: Symbio
- The Innovation Award: Nova Factor
- The Woke Award: Re Leap
- Expression in Game Design: Momentum Drift
- Jury Spotlight: Bolt and Bobby
- Jury Spotlight: Symbio