The 5-6th of June we open the doors to Wisby Strand again, with more than 36 student games for you to play and with speakers from Chicago, Pittsburgh, Berlin, Malmö and Warsaw for you to listen to. This year we are discussing empathy and emotion in video games.
Like always, we have a pay-what-you-want Visitors Pass so you can register and come in for free. Bring your friends and family, and help us vote for the best games!
Please note: everyone has to register online, and pick up a badge at the conference reception!
Join the Facebook event to be kept in the loop. And why not see the games being made, on Instagram? You can see all previous winners on our blog, including the three games that were recently on display in San Francisco.
We look forward to seeing you!
Game Exhibit Open
|Tuesday 5th||Wednesday 6th|
Tuesday 5th of June
- 09:00: Welcome! by the Department of Game Design/li>
- 09:15: Making Them Care: The Narrative Burden for Creating Empathy, by Heidi McDonald
- 10:15 Existential Game Design – Lost in the Woods, Searching for Bliss, by Doris C. Rusch
- 14:00: Empathy through Art: The Visual Language of Frostpunk, by Bartosz Sobolewski
Wednesday 6th of June
- 09:00 Practical leadership for a healthy and productive studio culture, by Albertina Sparrhult
- 10:00 Kickstarted intimacy – Designing intimate spaces for strangers, by Malena Klaus
HEVGA European Symposium
Are you a game educator? The HEVGA European Symposium is a 2-day working meeting hosted by the Higher Education Video Game Alliance and Uppsala University. We aim to bring together all university level game educations to discuss our common concerns and set up a network of support.